Love price action? Want to learn more about trading with price action? Start here.
Everything TSR has on price action, at your fingertips.
You can also enjoy selected content offline with these TSR eBooks.
#1: Price Action for Beginners
Just getting started?
From the definition of price action to the essential price patterns, you can find all you need to kick-start your price action trading education.
What is Price Action?
- Price Action Trading Primer – What is price action?
- Why New Traders Should Start with Price Action – Start your learning journey right and save time.
- 5 Steps to Becoming a Price Action Trader – A step-by-step guide for the confused beginner.
Reading Price Action
- Beginner’s Guide to Learning Price Action – A guide to reading price action bar-by-bar.
- 10 Bar Patterns You Must Know – 10 bar patterns like the inside bar to master.
- 10 Candlestick Patterns You Must Know – 10 candlestick patterns to light the way.
- 10 Chart Patterns for Price Action Trading – Classical chart patterns with trading rules.
- Trading with Support/Resistance – A primer on drawing and trading with support/resistance areas.
- Price Action Trading Strategies (Beyond Price Patterns) – A guide to the components of a holistic price action trading strategy.
#2: Price Action Trading Tools
Already grasped the basics?
Move on to learning price action based tools – trend bars, trend lines, channels, swing pivots, congestion, price-only chart types and more.
- Price Action Trader’s Toolbox – 5 essential skills for price action trading.
- Trend Bar: A Simple Way to Look at Price Action – An intuitive concept for reading price.
- Swing Trading with Trend Lines – A price action trader’s best friend.
- 4 Ways to Trade a Channel – A versatile price action trading tool.
- A Plain and Simple Trend Line Channel Trading Strategy – A straightforward strategy with trading examples.
- Find Intraday Trends with Price Action – 4 methods to determine the market bias for day trading.
- 3 Practical Uses of Price Congestion – Use the sideways market to trade better.
- 10 Price Chart Types for Trading – From the common candlestick to the exotic Kagi lines.
- Bar-by-Bar Analysis of 3 Charts – A demonstration of close price analysis.
#3: Price Action Trading Concepts
If you are comfortable with the technical aspects, perhaps what you need are some perspectives and tips to propel your performance.
- 10 Commandments of Price Action Trading – Ground rules for price action traders
- A 5-Point Plan for Price Action Traders – Core guiding principles for a minimalist trader.
- 7 Price Action Trading Myths Debunked – Price action trading is not the Holy Grail.
- 8 Practical Ways to Improve Your Price Action Trading Skills – Take concrete steps to trade better.
- Price Action Re-Entry – A simple concept to find higher probability trades.
- Intraday Price Action Trading Techniques – 3 ways to stay out of trouble.
- 4 Practical Day Trading Tips for Price Action Traders – Make full use of your price observations.
Taking a Step Back
- How to Enter the Market as a Price Action Trader – The implications of using stop orders and limit orders.
- Keeping Records of Discretionary Price Action Trading – Tips for keeping solid trade records.
- What is the Best Time Frame for Price Action Trading? – A popular question with no simple answer.
#4: Price Action Trading Strategies
Ready for trading strategies? Here you go.
- Trend Bar Failure – A simple and versatile price pattern from my Day Trading with Price Action Course.
- Inside Bar for Day Trading Futures – The classic low-risk bar pattern in the right context.
- Inside Day/NR4 (ID/NR4) – A low-risk volatility price pattern from Toby Crabel’s “Day Trading with Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout”.
- NR7 Trading Strategy – A popular and simple low-volatility price pattern.
- Pinocchio Bar Trade Setup (Pin Bar) – A classic fake-out bar pattern that traps traders out of a market reversal.
- Yum-Yum Continuation Pattern – A reliable continuation pattern that uses the nifty concept of bar range expansion.
- Popgun Bar Pattern – A pattern for finding impulse Elliot waves.
- Swing Trading with Outside Bar – Using outside bar failures to trigger a trade.
- Three-Bar Inside Bar Pattern – An adaptation of an inside bar to add context and confirmation.
- Three-Bar Reversal Pattern for Day Trading – Modifying the three-bar reversal pattern for lower frequency, but higher probability trading.
- Trading Consecutive Up/Down Bars – An clear price pattern that causes traders’ euphoria (or not).
- Retrace Day Trading Setup – A day trading strategy from Thomas Bulkowski (author of Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns and Encyclopedia of Candlestick Charts).
- Hikkake Trade Setup – A twist on the inside bar to ensnare other traders.
- Engulfing Candlestick with Market Structure – A popular candlestick pattern trading strategy.
- Mountains, Rivers, Crows, and Soldiers – A candlestick strategy that uses chart patterns for trading reversals.
- Candlestick with Pivot Points – An intraday trading method using floor pivots.
- Candlesticks with a Moving Average – A solid combination of candlestick patterns with moving averages.
- Trading Candlesticks with RSI – A trading technique from Steve Nison’s “Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques”.
- Catching Trends with Heiken-Ashi – A unique type of candlesticks for tracking trends.
Price with Volume
- Anchor Zones – A powerful method that combines range, gap, and volume to find key support/resistance.
- On-Balance Volume Trading Strategy for Fading Dumb Money – An intuitive volume indicator to clarify price movement.
- Capture High Profits with Low Volume Pullbacks – A simple observation of price and volume.
- Finding Support and Resistance with Volume Clues – Use high volume signals to find reliable price pivots.
- Exhaustion Gap Trading Strategy for Reversals – A gap trading technique for swing traders.
- Trading Continuations with Runaway Gaps – Another useful gap to observe.
Price Action with Minimal Indicators
- John Hill’s Trend Line Theory – A unique trend line strategy for trading pullbacks.
- Jjrvat’s Price Based Trading – A reliable scalping strategy that uses a moving average to highlight price waves.
- Two-legged Pullback to the Moving Average (M2B, M2S) – A setup from Al Brooks who suggested this as one of the best for beginners.
- Intraday Trend Trading with Price Action – A strategy for lovers of Keltner Channels.
- Improved Three-Bar Pullback Pattern – A better pullback with the triple-smoothed EMA (TRIX).
- Andrew’s Pitchfork Trading Strategy – Not an indicator per se, but we love trend lines.
- 50% Retracement Swing Trading Setup – A reliable benchmark for a solid pullback trade.
#5: More Resources for Picking Up Price Action
Need more help?
- Top 10 Price Action Trading Books – Best books of the topic.
- 10 Resources for Learning Price Action Trading – Free articles/forum posts from all over the Internet.
- Day Trading with Price Action Course – Galen Wood’s complete trading framework.
This page is regularly updated with more tutorials/tips/strategies. So bookmark it, and share it with your friends!