The 9/30 trading setup is one of the most popular trading setups we have reviewed.
Read: 9/30 Trading Setup
These two setups are the conservative version of the strategy which requires the setup bar to move completely below the 9-period exponential moving average.
1. 9/30 Trade Setup on AET
- The 9-period EMA rose above the 30-period WMA. AET has remained in an upwards trend.
- Price broke out of the double top (dotted black line) with a bullish gap.
- AET pull-backed to the zone between the two moving averages. The support zone overlaps with the earlier double top and is near a bull trend line (in blue).
2. 9/30 Trade Setup on OMC
- The 9-period EMA crossed above the 30-period WMA after a bullish outside bar.
- OMC produced five consecutive bearish bars at the extreme of the bull trend.
- The 9/30 setup bar is testing a bull trend line and a support level. Given the five bearish bars earlier, it is wiser to wait for a bullish signal bar before taking a long position.